Sports Premium Funding
At Elmgrove Primary School and Nursery, we believe that PE and Sport can play a vital role in a child’s personal development, with the potential to change young people’s lives for the better when channelled the right way.
We welcomed the Government’s announcement in June 2013 to provide primary schools with additional funding to improve the provision of PE and Sport in schools and have been gradually working hard to raise the profile of PE and Sport within our school. In July 2017, the government announced the Sport Premium funding would be doubling due to the huge success and impact the additional funding has had across the nation.
The whole school is fully committed to using this extra resource in developing high quality PE lessons, up-skilling teachers to improve subject knowledge and confidence levels, increasing extracurricular sports club provision, providing more competitive opportunities and encouraging young people to lead active and healthy lifestyles on a daily basis.
Utilising the positive power PE and sport can have on an individual it is our mission to ensure every child has access to quality coaching to help them realise their maximum potential.
Actual Funding Allocation 2019-2020
The Sport Premium Grant funding for primary schools will be calculated by the amount of primary school aged children. Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 plus an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
For the 2019-2020 academic year Elmgrove Primary School and Nursery will receive a total of £16,000 + amount of pupils x £10 each.
Five key areas the Sport Premium Funding will be spent on at Elmgrove Primary School and Nursery.
- Ensuring ALL children are participating in regular physical activity, providing them with healthy lifestyles.
- Providing more opportunities for children throughout the school, therefore promoting and raising the profile of sport and PE as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Develop the sustainability of high quality P.E. teaching through a range of training opportunities for staff to further improve children’s progress.
- Broader experiences of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils inside and outside of school.
- Maintain our Gold in the ‘Schools Game Mark’ scheme, providing more opportunities for children to compete in sport.
Please click on the link below to view / download our Sports Premium Funding & Impact documents.